Stories of the Škofja Loka Museum

It is a well-known fact that Ivan Tavčar's last and most famous work is the Visoko Chronicle. The novel was first monthly published in 1919 as a feuilleton in the Ljubljanski zvon newspaper, and two years later, it came out in the form of a book in volume 6 of Tavčar's collected writings.

Archaeological explorations that took place on the site of the abandoned Upper Tower on Krancelj Hill between 1954 and 1955 resulted in the discovery of a number of remarkable finds, including a bronze statue that was once part of a candlestick.

Linen dyeing in the Škofja Loka area goes back a long way, since this area has always been known for having a well-developed linen trade. The first depictions of linen dyeing are found in the church in Crngrob on the Holy Sunday (Sveta Nedelja) fresco, which was painted in the period between 1455 and 1460.